Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Locomatix helps a user out of a jam

We got this message from a very satisfied user, and she has given us permission to share it with you!

Here's my reason for being an ardent fan of Locomatix. Have you ever been in a situation when you are driving through wilderness at 7:30 in the evening and you are not sure of how to get home? Well, I happened to be in such a predicament this past spring in Cornelius Pass (Portland, Oregon). Mind you, I am from the Bay Area.

So here I am cruising along the Pass after a fun filled afternoon with my friend and then, I take one wrong turn. Very cautiously I was following the car GPS when I suddenly realized that I was on my way to an un-trodden territory. I knew I wasn’t lost yet but I surely did know that this wasn’t where I was supposed to be. I wasn’t ready to take any chances alone. Nervous but unwilling to giving in to panic and frustration, I told myself that I needed to stop. With fragile cell phone signal and given my challenged navigational skills during this trying time, my only option was to retrace my steps. I knew I had already come too far ahead that it would take at least a half hour to get back from where I started, provided I didn’t miss any turn. To top it all off, it was getting dark and solitary and the trees making the whole experience only more frightening.

Instinctively, I called my husband and let him know that I was disoriented and my cellphone signal was week. I got a quick reply: “Send out your location on Locomatix." I did that, and kept waiting impatiently to hear back from him and praying to get out before it was dark. Every minute seemed like a lifetime. The phone battery draining faster than I would have wanted it to, I finally got a call from my husband. Once I had sent out my location he knew where exactly I was stranded. I kept the application running so he could constantly track me on the GPS and could alert me if I strayed away from the radar. Finally Locomatix got me to the closest intersection to get to safer territory. In fifteen minutes the ordeal was over and I was out of the woods. Never before I had been so happy to be driving on I-405 as I was on that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment